With school starting, I wasn't able to go to OSU often throughout the week. I only went two days: Monday and Saturday.
With my rigorous schedule in the upcoming school year along with my after school activities like tennis practice and going to the gym, I will most likely only be able do research on the weekends.
In my two days at the Lab, I continued monitoring the zebrafish mating behaviors and fertility counts. I used my time outside of the lab to input the data onto the computer. Next week, I plan to summarize all the data we have gathered so far to identify any trends.
On Saturday, we noticed something interesting. Normally, the triploid zebrafish do not spawn the same amount of eggs as normal, diploid zebrafish. However, on 8/20 the heat-shocked zebrafish were found to produce more eggs than usual, with almost no eggs left in the fish's ovary. The images below show the large amount of eggs.
My schedule will begin to clutter as school progresses. Hopefully, I will be able to continue my research on zebrafish fertility throughout my senior year!